A Proctor assists in running the actual assessment of medical students at the University of Michigan Medical School.
A proctor may be assigned to assist in any of the following capacities:
- Manage a clinical skills lab- assigning participants to appropriate rooms, timing an activity, setting up rooms.
- Collecting and organizing paperwork.
- Locating specific SPs for encounters and assisting them to the designated areas.
- Checking in/out SPs.
- Fielding student questions, and requesting staff assistance when needed.
- Troubleshooting computer issues.
- Availability for all dates of a specific event (trainings, practice interviews, exam dates).
- Strength in organization, able to multi-task, a confident and positive demeanor, and comfortable with technology.
- Reliable, punctual and dependable.
- Excellence in communication, ability to manage SPs, interface with faculty, staff and students during events.
- Educational training and/or professional experience in health professions, communication, behavioral sciences, or education preferred.
- Proctors are scheduled based on the students' curricular schedules. Dates are provided as far in advance as possible.
- Trainings and events typically run during the week, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 7am and 6pm. Any scheduling outside of this window will be announced with lead-time.
- All proctors are temporary employees of the University of Michigan Medical School.
When applying for this position, please fill out the application form completely. Our HR representative may call you for additional information/screening depending on our current recruitment needs.