A Proctor assists in running the actual assessment of medical students at the University of Michigan Medical School.
Tasks a proctor may be assigned to assist in any of the following capacities:
Manage a clinical skills lab, which could entail assigning participants to appropriate rooms, timing an activity, setting up rooms.
Collecting and organizing paperwork.
Locating SPs for encounters and assisting in getting them to the designated areas.
Checking in/out SPs.
Fielding student questions, and requesting staff assistance when needed.
Troubleshooting computer issues.
- Availability for all dates of an event (trainings, practice interviews, exam dates).
- Be organized, able to multi-task, allude a confident and positive demeanor, and be comfortable with technology.
- Reliable, punctual and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills and ablility to assist SPs, faculty, staff, and students during events.
Educational training and/or professional experience in health professions, communication, behavioral sciences, or education preferred.
Proctors are scheduled based on the students' curricular schedules. Dates are provided as far in advance as possible.
Trainings and events typically run during the week, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 7a-6p. Any scheduling outside of this window is provided notice.
All proctors are temporary employees of the University of Michigan Medical School, however do not receive any additional benefits associated with the University.
- Ensure you fill out this form completely. Our HR representative may call you for additional information/screening depending on our current recruitment needs.